Tuesday, March 3, 2009

FHE

Lately, I've been noticing that a couple of Brinlee's socks have holes. I thought it was just one or two. I told them all that I want to wait until next school year to buy all new socks and to try and make do, but when I went to fold the laundry today, I set aside all the ones with holes and it was more than one or two. Soooo, for FHE tonight, we learned about sock mending! LOL!! Actually, Mariah has been bugging me since we lived in HI to teach her how to sew and I thought this was a great way to start. Let's face it, these are tough times and who really sees the bottoms of your socks anyway, right?! ha ha ha


I thought Mariah did a pretty good job on that one. If you look closely at the pic of the single sock, you can see a hint of the orange thread we used.


No comments: