Friday, January 30, 2009

mom

Yesterday, my mom called in the morning and asked if she could come up. She doesn't need to ask, I love it when she comes up. She was here the WHOLE day!!! It was so much fun to have someone to talk to and hang out with all day. I also had Ellene's 2 youngest, Austin and Alyssa here, too. They were fantastically good and kept Asia and Tatum busy all day without a single fight!

We finished painting the nursery. She brought some of her toll painting detail brushes so I could touch up the little spots that bled through the tape. It is nearly complete. I am just waiting now for the second valance and VOILA! It will be complete! I am so happy with it. It is a little over-the-top with the bold colors, but I couldn't help myself.

Then last night she made burgers on the George that I just discovered I have in my cupboard (that's how many gadgets I have, I didn't even know I had the George!), while I picked Mariah up from Drama Club and ran to the store. Mariah and Brinlee love to come home from school and see grandma here. They've had a delicious double dose of grandma this week with Mary Lou spending the day with us on Monday.

Anyway, she left around 6 and even though she'd been here since about 10, I was still not ready to see her go. Come back soon Grandma!!! Thanks for a fun day.

No comments: