Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Twilight

I finally saw Twilight. I actually really loved it! There have been a lot of mixed reviews and there wasn't too much that I didn't like. The acting was slightly cheesy. I couldn't tell if Kristen Stewart (Bella) was a bad actress or just trying to make Bella seem nervous all the time (i.e. constant eye blinking...). My favorite character likeness was Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen). I actually thought all the actors they picked for the Cullens were pretty right on, except that I always pictured Carlisle with dark hair. When I first started wathcing trailers and clips about the movie about 6 months ago, I did not like who they got for Jacob AT ALL, but he was just ok when I saw the movie. I pictured someone more rugged and cut, still young looking, but not baby-ish. The trio was pretty good, too, except that I pictured Victoria much more wild looking, especially her hair. It needed to be WAY more orange-y and fiery. I'm not sure how I feel about Robert Pattinson (Edward)..... I guess he's alright. I wish they'd have allowed him to use his natural English accent. I guess I pictured him to be absolutely, perfectly angelic and more clean cut. He would have looked more "stone-like" if his face were more cleanly shaven and they would have used better quality stage make-up. He always seemed to have this slight 5 o'clock shadow thing going on. If the rumors about him being replaced are true, I won't cry. I mean, come on, how many times have they changed James Bond???

I spent the night at my moms on Sunday night since the girls didn't have school for MLK day. Chelsea and I were lamenting about how we didn't get to see Twilight in the theatre, so I hopped online to see if it was playing anywhere and it's playing here in Vancouver, so we decided to try and see it Wednesday, but then Jay said we should just go see it now, so we did. We convinced my mom to come (she's read the books, but didn't really care to see the movie). We missed the 1st 15 minutes. We got lost looking for the theatre in Tigard that we found online at and then Chelsea started to feel sick (prego hormones) so we made a quick stop at Subway for her to grab a sandwich to take in. I think we all really enjoyed it. Mom ended up treating us to the movie, too! Thanks mom!!

When I got home, I couldn't stand that I missed the first part, so I looked up a boot leg online and watched the part we missed. I can't wait to see it again and I'm going to read the books again!

3 comments:

Handi Andi said...

I liked it too. I can't tell if it was because my expectations were so low, or because it was actually good, but I saw it a few times and then Philip pirated a copy for us and I've watched it at home. Edward grew on me by the end, Jasper looked like he was constipated. Carlisle? He was supposed to be 23 and they hired an actor in his late 30's? Whatever. Loved Charlie. Despite my own criticism, I liked it alot. Glad you did too!

Erickson Family said...

Oh ya, I forgot about Charlie. Totally looooved Charlie!

The Prices said...

Okay--You know how I feel about it all--it is documented on my blog. But what is this about replacing ROB??!?! I haven't heard that rumor. Where are you hearing this from???