Thursday, December 10, 2009

Called to Repentance

This morning while I was dressing Roxelle, Tatum came into her room with a concerned look and said;

T: Jesus doesn't like that one.
Me: Which one?
T: That one, it makes Him and Daddy sad.
Me: I'm not sure what you're talking about. What doesn't Jesus like?
T: That one you say. Jesus and Daddy very angry.
Then I realized she was referring to me saying "freakin'" a little while earlier because she was holding a flashlight over the toilet and I told her to "Close the freakin' lid" before she drops it in the toilet.
I know that isn't a curse word to most, but I don't like it and try really hard not to use it. I didn't use to care, but the first time I heard one of my kids say it, I didn't like that very much, so I told them that it's not a "curse" word, but that it's not a very nice thing to say.
Tatum was so concerned that I had said a swear word and that Jesus and Daddy were going to be very mad at me. I hugged her tight and sincerely apologized to her and told her that I promised to try really hard to never say it again. Funny girl!!

1 comment:

Carrie Jeffrey said...

hmmm, i'm guilty of that one as well! the other day tanner said "oh, cwap" - that one was all me.