Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday

We had portuguese sausage and rice with eggs for breakfast. Then we headed to Kahului for the swap meet near Queen Ka'ahumanu Shopping Center. It was small compared to the one on Oahu, but I found what I was looking for nonetheless. I got the girls each a wooden bracelet like the ones I got on Kaua'i only they say "Maui".

We took the long-ish, SUPER wind-y road up to Haleakala National Park. It was beautiful up there. You could see the snowcaps of Mauna Kea on the Big Island from up there. The whole experience was breath taking.

Photobucket
In the viewing area at the top of the summit

Photobucket
Such a happy baby!

**Funny story I don't want to forget**
On the way up to Haleakala, we were eating some chocolates that I bought at Wal-Mart the night before. I was totally going to town on the PB cups and when Kapua asked for the bag back, she was like "Where the heck are all the Reese's you stingy little..... (HA HA HA!). When I looked in my lap there were like 8 crumpled up little wrappers, so I handed them to her and said "oops. sorry. MY bad!" We were totally dying laughing. Then I felt totally sick and they didn't have any sympathy for me.


We had read in one of those tourist guides about some smoothie place on the road to Hana. It was supposedly one of the first stops along the way, so we decided to head over there for some good smoothies. We had the address punched into Kauwe's GPS ("Maggie"), but we could NOT find it. After asking a few people about the Hana Juice Co, we still couldn't find it. Then we stopped at a gas station and the lady said it was right across the street. We felt so dumb. It was RIGHT THERE. So we looked for parking and walked over there. We went inside (the door was propped open) and started looking at the menu. The girl sitting behind the counter says "Oh, we're actually closed". WHAT?! It was only 4:00 in the afternoon and they had just closed at 3:30! We were so ticked. We decided to go next door and get some Gelato ice cream, instead. It was pretty good. DANG expensive, but good.

That night on the way home, we stopped at the boardwalk in Lahaina to eat at another sister/brother restaurant to Kaua'i's Keoki's. It was called Kimo's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was SO disappointed. annoyed The menu was just 2 short pages. There were only 2 chicken dishes, both of which were teriyaki flavors and both were over $20 for the plate. I didn't feel like eating fresh fish (the only other choice besides salad), so I decided to order a cup of clam chowder. The chowder was actually pretty good, but I was so looking forward to something GOOOOD! The sunset from the balcony where we were sitting was beautiful though.

Photobucket

After we got home, they put Kezley to bed and we went out back to sit in the hot tub. When it closed we played cards again. GOOD TIMES!!

Photobucket


No comments: