Saturday, December 6, 2008

modern conveniences

3 days ago we got our new Micro hood and range set. Until then we hadn't had a microwave at all and only the 2 small burners worked on the range. It was so NOT fun! If I didn't have a microwave, I at least needed a stove that had 4 working burners, for heaven's sake!

A few weeks ago I hadn't set out any meat to make dinner, so I decided to have leftover spaghetti at the last minute. It took almost 30 minutes to heat it up in the oven. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had planned ahead. The girls were starving and asked every 2 minutes if it was done yet. It's amazing how we rely so much on all of our modern conveniences. Gives me another reason to appreciate my mother, grandmother and those poor Pioneer women!!!

BEFORE

Photobucket

When we pulled it out........*GASP* *gAg* *GAG*!!!
Photobucket Photobucket

After

Photobucket

I am really happy with it!! I makes our kitchen look totally different. The only appliance left to be switched out now is the dishwasher. It will be a while, but it needs it almost as desperately as the range!

No comments: