Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Christmas Letter

We are planning to mail it out, but I don't have everyone's addresses, so here's an 'e' copy. If you want to be added to "the list", email me your mailing address for next year.

Photobucket




December 2008


First things first, we have moved! Here is our new address and hopefully will be for a good long stretch.


Will and Kristy Erickson
4xxx NE xxthSt.
Vancouver, WA 98xxx


As the years go by, we continually receive the Lord’s richest blessings. We have so much to be thankful for this year. Especially for the new angel that He sent us. Roxelle Rianna Erickson joined our family on September 17th and has been an absolute joy in our home.

We left our island ‘ohana on June 4. We lived there just 2 days shy of 3 years. I miss it more than I ever thought I would. I have been compiling a list of things that I don’t miss to keep me from hopping on the next flight back. With cockroaches and centipedes nearing the top of the list, I am happy to stay where I am for now!

Will accepted a position with Providence Milwaukie hospital in the medical/surgical department. He really enjoys the hands on work and the people he works with. The commute is about 25 minutes and he misses traffic on both ends of the day with his 7am – 7:30pm shift.

My days currently consist of baby feedings and diaper changes, with a little bit of house organizing here and there. I love having a place to call our own and I can’t wait to start putting some personal touches on it.

Mariah turned 8 this year and was baptized in the lagoon at Paradise Cove on O’ahu. I can still picture the serenity of that day. It is something that I will not soon forget. Mariah is in Ms. Choate’s 3rd grade class at Truman Elementary School.

Brinlee is 6 and in Mrs. Little’s 1st grade class at Truman Elementary School. She loves music and dancing. She keeps wondering aloud why she hasn’t started gymnastics or ballet yet. I told her that I want them to start piano lessons first. She thought that sounded fun, too.

Asia is 4 and just started preschool several weeks ago. She is at (my favorite) Mini School here in Vancouver. She is there 4 days a week and loves her teachers; Mrs. Provine, Mrs. Hall, and Mrs. Joachim. She loves to display her daily artwork for Mariah and Brinlee to see when they get home.

Tatum is 2 and is enjoying all the extra time with Mom while Asia is in school. She loves her baby sister and tries to help, a little too much sometimes. She is definitely a “Daddy’s girl” and can’t cope when he works more than 2 days in a row. He’s been around at home for her entire life until now. She is still adjusting to his long days when he leaves before she’s up and not home until after she’s in bed.

We want to send each of you the warmest wishes for a prosperous new year. We are humbled by this time of year and feel blessed beyond our needs.

Merry Christmas!

With Love,

The Erickson's



No comments: