Sunday, June 1, 2008

Aloha 'Oe

It's tradition in Hawai'i for a group to sing Aloha 'Oe and give lei to a person or family when they are leaving. It sends with the person(s) leaving, the Aloha that they enjoyed in the prescence of friends and loved ones. It is an emotional time. We will dearly miss the friends and 'ohana here in the Ewa Beach 2nd Ward.

I was trying to be sneaky with our digital camera and was able to catch the ward singing Aloha 'Oe to us. Sorry it's a little shaky and sometimes hard to hear.



Photobucket
All the lei from friends

Photobucket
Sheri Dano, Kristy, Kapua Kai

1 comment:

The Prices said...

SO... if your objective was to get me sobbing, IT WORKED!! I am crying like a baby. I miss Hawaii so much and the ward there. And I think that the tradition of singing Aloha 'Oe is just the most wonderful, heartfelt thing. I am glad you recorded. I wish I would've done the same.