Monday, March 31, 2008

Worship Through Music

I got the opportunity to go to our stake center in Waipahu and sing with our ward choir in the Stake Worship Through Music program this evening. Our choir director in the Ewa Beach 2nd Ward is Nat Kamauu. She is THE BEST! We sang an arrangement of "I Need Thee Every Hour". It was really amazing! My favorite ward, other than ours, was the Newtown 2nd Ward. It is the Tongan ward of our stake and they sang "Redeemer of Israel". There were so many members of their choir there that they filled all 5 rows of the stand from wall to wall. They power-housed the entire song in Tongan. It was really cool.

Our stake does this annually and also has a Youth Worship Through Music once a year. I was able to participate in it last year when I was in the Young Women Presidency. That was really powerful. The youth put on the entire program and they even had to have a youth member play the accompaniment. It is so awesome to see the young members of this church getting so involved. I love it!

No comments: