Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Testimony

(originally posted): Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Testimony
Current mood: nervous Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Category: Religion and Philosophy


This is really really really hard for me to do (though it shouldn't be). I am not usually one to express my religious or political views publicly. I am normally very private, ESPECIALLY with my religion. I sincerely hope that no one is offended. I ask you to please read with an open mind and know that this DOES NOT change who I am to you. This is who I have always been (even when I was confused). This is the way that my parents raised me and the way that I choose to live my life.

Over the past 18 months, the spirit has prompted me time and again to share with my friends my feelings about this gospel. I have continuously ignored or put aside this prompting for fear of being embarrassed, or worse, losing a friend. As I listen this weekend to the gentle voices of our church authorities testifying of their solemn witness of our Savior Jesus Christ, I cannot ignore this prompting any longer.

My testimony is simple. I don't claim to be well read on the doctrines of this gospel. I do know that its precepts are full and true. I know that Jesus Christ is truly our Savior and that some 2000 years ago he was crucified for the purpose of our eternal salvation. It is only through him that we will be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven once again. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I have read it. I have received personal confirmation that its words are true and accurate. I know that it was translated through divine revelation by the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that he saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. I cannot express the joy this gospel brings to my life and to my family. We wouldn't be who we are today without it. I am certain that this is what makes us happy. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that if you seek earnestly and prayerfully, you can know for yourself that it is true. I testify that these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ.

P.S. Do you ever wonder why we are here on earth? Do you ever wonder what really happens to us when we pass on? Did you know that a simple belief and conviction can allow you to be with your family forever, even after death? You can click on this link to get more answers www.lds.org or you can email me directly and I will do my best to answer your questions. willandkj@hotmail.com

No comments: